You want a nicely decorated home, but art for your wall can be expensive, and often it is hard to find the perfect piece. Get creative and make your own art! Here are some creative ideas for beautiful art that you can do yourself, even if you didn’t go to art school.
1. Fancy Fabric Art in minutes: frame a few swatches of beautiful coordinating fabrics for this great look.
2. Hanging Children’s Books Group together brightly illustrated children’s books for a whimsical wall treatment.
3. Postcard Display If you have a collection of postcards, pull them out of the box and hang them up for everyone to see! You can mount them to a canvas, or for art that’s quick, easy, and interchangeable, attach them right to the wall with Plastic Tack.
4. Collage If you’re really feeling inspired, gather together images you like, bits of old letters, and pretty papers, and make a collage. Several small collages grouped together makes a big impact.
5. Woven Trims All you need is a few yards of ribbon and trim to recreate this idea. Whether you do a lot of weaving or simply lay the ribbons next to each other, you’re sure to be happy with the way your art will accent a wall.