On a budget? You can find almost anything you need in a thrift store, but that almost-perfect item may be in serious need of a makeover. Here are some creative, inexpensive ways of making ugly thrift store finds into beautiful one-of-a-kind items.
1. Jewelry Box Re-do Matchbook covers make this plain jane jewelry box into a functional work of art.
2. Decoupaged Coffee Table Here’s an amazing transformation: this once boring pine coffee table is now a conversation piece, thanks to some patience and several old maps.
3. Re-built Side Table This side table, with its beautiful legs, started its life as a large top heavy secretary. The cabinet part was removed and a new top was built. It now looks perfect in its new home.
4. Window Pane Frames Old wooden windows make great frames. Leave as is, or paint a bright color to contrast with the walls. What a great way to showcase a memory.
5. Bright Bedside Table All this beat up table needed was a fresh coat of paint and some new drawer pulls. Now it looks great!